- Talk with someone you trust, about what you are feeling and experiencing. This could be a friend, a family member, your psychologist or doctor.
- Schedule positive activities. Do something you enjoy every day – even if you don´t feel motivated.
- If they feel too difficult or overwhelming, break down your problems into smaller parts.
- Focus on everything you have accomplished, rather than worrying about what you haven´t.
- Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend.
- Healthy eating habits, enough sleep, and regular physical activity, are all crucial for good mental health.
- If you feel weak and depressed, some exercise and fresh air will often help.
- The use of alcohol and drugs may intensify and trigger mental health issues.
From the leaflet Simple Advice by the Norwegian Ministry of Health.