- Talk about what you feel and experience, with someone you trust. It could be a friend, a family member, your psychologist or doctor.
- Schedule positive activities. Do something you enjoy every day – even if you need to force yourself into being active.
- Divide your tasks into smaller segments, if you start to feel that they are too difficult or overwhelming.
- Focus on everything that you are good at and that you get done, instead of being tormented by what you are not good at or haven’t done yet.
- Treat yourself with compassion, like you would a friend.
- Establish healthy eating habits, a stable sleep pattern, and regular physical activity, all of which are crucial for one’s mental health.
- If you feel weak and depressed, it often helps to exercise and spend time outdoors.
- The use of alcohol and drugs may intensify and trigger mental health issues.
Hentet fra heftet “Enkle råd” av Helsedirektoratet.